Wednesday May 5, 2021/What Time Is It./Pastor Fola Babatunde
1.We need to know what time it is in our lives at every point.
2. Not the Chronological time but time in terms of tasks, assignment, and purpose.
3. One thing is certain? We’ve run out of time to squander on miscellaneous, unnecessary, and unimportant tasks.
4. We don’t have enough time to do all the things we desire to do or are capable of doing much less sin.
5. In order to know what time it really is at any instant i.e what we should or should not be doing, we need Wisdom, we need alertness, awareness, communion, and responsiveness to the Holy Spirit.
6. Let us shape up!! We don’t have time for excesses.
7. The time left is to do what pleases God, what we are assigned to do and to help others do the same!
8. Let us shape up!! We don’t have time for excesses. The time left is to do what pleases God, what we are assigned to do and to help others do the same!
1 Peter 4:3
AMP: For the time already past is [more than] enough for doing what the [unsaved] Gentiles like to do—living [unrestrained as you have done] in a course of [shameless] sensuality, lusts, drunkenness, carousing, drinking parties, and wanton idolatries.
ERV: In the past you wasted too much time doing what those who don’t know God like to do. You were living immoral lives, doing the evil things you wanted to do. You were always getting drunk, having wild drinking parties, and doing shameful things in your worship of idols.
So I tell you this, and insist on it in the Lord, that you must no longer walk as the Gentiles do, in the futility of their thinking
AMP “making the very most of your time [on earth, recognizing and taking advantage of each opportunity and using it with wisdom and diligence], because the days are [filled with] evil”
CEV “These are evil times, so make every minute count”
Live life, then, with a due sense of responsibility, not as men who do not know the meaning and purpose of life but as those who do. Make the best use of your time, despite all the difficulties of these days. Don’t be vague but firmly grasp what you know to be the will of God. Don’t get your stimulus from wine (for there is always the danger of excessive drinking), but let the Spirit stimulate your souls.
Don’t waste your time on useless work, mere busywork, the barren pursuits of darkness. Expose these things for the sham they are. It’s a scandal when people waste their lives on things they must do in the darkness where no one will see. Rip the cover off those frauds and see how attractive they look in the light of Christ. Wake up from your sleep, Climb out of your coffins; Christ will show you the light! So watch your step. Use your head. Make the most of every chance you get. These are desperate times!
Listen to Prayer Archives 24/7 at: http://earlymorningshowers.com/prayer-archives.shtml Join us for live prayer sessions: Monday to Friday Time: 6:00 – 6:45 am (EST) Phone Number: 215-383-1625 Pin:623159 Live Stream: http://earlymorningshowers.com/ems-live-tv.shtml